Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue (RCM-SAR) is a charity that saves lives on the water. We’re a key part of the marine search and rescue system and we work in one of the most challenging search and rescue regions in the world, providing year-round rescue services and promoting boating safety for children and families.
- In an average year RCM-SAR responds to more than 700 marine emergencies
- We have a network of about 1,000 volunteers
- We have 42 Rescue Stations, including Station 59 Deep Bay
- We have more than 60 dedicated search and rescue vessels
- We serve some of the busiest waterways and most rugged coastline in the world
- We provide boating safety checks for hundreds of recreational boaters each year
- Our Kids Don’t Float program provides lifejackets for children at dozens of marinas around BC